Sunday, February 03, 2008

The news

Once again... not doing too good keeping up here, but not much going on in Winter I guess...

We had a good Christmas. Had visitors and did our visiting. Then New Years.. we went to Uncle Steven and Aunt Tracey's. Again Uncle Steven out did himself. The whole basement looked like a little city, lights and everything. The kids have little cars there that they ride around and they had a blast.

My 40th Bday is Feb. 5 and Cheryl had a surprise party for me on Jan 26. I was clueless and she was putting it together right in front of me lol. Her parents came first and they had a good excuse for being here, then Jeff, Molly and Jeffery showed up, but I thought they were coming for dinner. Then the Wrays stopped to drop off Ryan... I'm still oblivious. Then I saw Steven and Tracey pull in the drive and I started wondering what was goin on. At that point Cheryl knew I knew something was up so she sent Ryan out with my "over the hill' b-day hat. I said, "Is this a party?".. duh.... It was awesome... the rest of the people made their way in here and there. I got lots of joke, "Old" presents and some good stuff too!

Lastly, about a week ago, during one of our little snow/ice storms, I had an accident at work. I hit the bed of my dump truck on an overpass... Long story, which I'll skip, but it was my fault for forgetting the bed was raised and I felt like a dumba$$. I didn't get hurt and no one else was involved, but I did knock the canopy off the front of the truck bed. Now I'm driving the "spare" truck which actually is worse than any punishment they could give me. No Am/FM, barely heat, and it bounces around like mad. I'm still waiting for my "discipline" at work... prob get a day or so off.... I'm not sure that I consider that "punishment" tho .. shhh, dont tell them .. lol

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Marley thinks it's cool that you blogged on my birthday, then hers. Kids think it's all about them:)

Anonymous said...

Dude! I so love that story. I was crying-laughing when we were I/M ing about it. Funniest thing I've heard in awhile. The funniest thing tho is that it sounds much more like something that would happen to me...not you. lol Hope they don't break your nads too bad about it.

Anonymous said...

and.......Happy Birthday! way too late. lol. I have to be the worst friend ever. lol